In our daily life, we will definitely encounter dried tomato flakes with two different processing methods, dehydrated tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. So what is the difference between dehydrated tomato flakes and sun-dried tomatoes?
First of all, in terms of processing methods, dehydrated tomato flakes are washed, cut into pieces and then dried in a dryer. Sun-dried tomatoes, on the other hand, are dried in direct sunlight.
Secondly, from the perspective of hygiene, dehydrated tomato flakes are more hygienic and safer than sun-dried tomato slices. Dehydrated tomato flakes are processed in professional drying equipment, and the hygienic quality can be guaranteed. However, the sun-dried tomato slices are dried in the open air, during which they will inevitably come into contact with a large amount of dust, small insects, etc., and the hygienic conditions cannot be guaranteed.
If you want to make dehydrated tomato flakes at home, you can refer to the following steps:
1. Choose fresh tomatoes with bright red color and strong flavor.
2. Cut the fresh tomatoes into small pieces of uniform size for later use
3. Arrange the diced tomatoes evenly on the baking sheet, or on a rack that removes the tomatoes from the baking sheet. The rack will dry both sides simultaneously, eliminating the need to turn the tomatoes throughout the cooking process.
4. You can add sea salt or herbs, olive oil, etc. according to your preference
5. Bake. Cook the tomatoes at 250°F for two and a half hours. Press out any lingering liquid with a spatula. Turn them over. Bake until dry if desired.
6. Cool the dehydrated tomato flakes and store. Let the tomatoes cool to room temperature, store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Edible Recipes for Dehydrated Tomato Flakes-Grilled Chicken with Dehydrated Tomato Flakes
Toss the sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil into a bowl and add some oil, lemon juice, basil, salt, and black pepper. Pour this mixture over the chicken in the skillet and roast for a few minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet, unless using an oven-safe skillet, and bake for 30 minutes. The dehydrated tomato flakes marinade can also be poured over a whole chicken, skinned and roasted for about 20 minutes.
If you are also interested in dehydrated tomato flakes, please feel free to contact Polly.
Whatsapp: +86 18538192032